With Analysis 2.5 release, it is now possible to connect and consume SAP Analytics Cloud models into Analysis Office.
Note that the following functions are not supported in Analysis:
- You cannot plan data.
- You cannot create exception aggregation on the fly (but you can use exception aggregation defined in the model).
- You cannot create dynamic calculations rank and rank Olympic.
The following restrictions apply for the SAP Analytics Cloud models:
- Analysis only supports the usage of the default currency (similar to cloud chart behavior). You cannot access non-converted currencies (similar to a cloud table).
- You cannot consume defined thresholds from the model definition. In Analysis, you can use conditional formatting and Table Design formatting.
- Live Data Models are not supported
Step by Step Process
Creating a new connection
- Launch Analysis and click Select Data Source
- Right click and under context menu select New SAC connection
- Provide the SAC logon url ( friendly url format - *..sapbusinessobjects.cloud)
- Select the required Model