This blog covers some of the latest new features and enhancements in SAP Analytics Cloud release 2019.13.
- Administrators can now restrict who can create files and folders within dedicated subfolders of the Public folder. These users still won’t be able to create files and folders directly within the Public folder itself.
- Administrators can audit changes made to files’ sharing settings
- The name of the object whose permissions were changed
- The permissions that were granted/revoked and to which specific user/team
- The user who made the change
- The timestamp of the change
Note: The Activities log is now updated to show details for any changes that are made to the Sharing Settings of files stored under Browse > Files.
- You can now add or delete comments without saving your story.
- When data labels in your bar charts overlap, you can now prioritize the bars in visualization to show the front bar’s data labels only, making it easier to view your information.
- You can now use Search to Insight to search within live BW and S/4 HANA data models. You can choose a model and search for insights and can also create charts.
- In the calendar, you can now see if processes are related to each other or if they just happen to start at the same time. Also, in the Gantt view, you can now see the time values changing when you drag and drop a process.
- You can now set up a context for a Calendar task, defining all the relevant information for the task such as the Model, primary or Driving dimension, and assignees and reviewers.
- When you copy an aggregated account with calculated subaccounts, you can now see additional targets highlighted so you can paste the account value and its underlying records.
- As an application designer, you can now add geo map widgets to your analytic application and allow your application users to create stories from the widgets. Currently, geo map widgets don’t support data source-related APIs. Support for this is planned for future waves.
- Analytics Designer introduces a concept of names for widgets and other application entities to ease the handling effort at design time.
If you as an application designer want to rename some entity, various references to it must be adapted (mainly scripts, dynamic texts, and calculated measures). Previously, you had to do this work manually.
The new automatic refactoring automates this process as much as possible.
- You can now add a Search to Insight object to the scripting area and design its open dialog by defining the source of the questions to be asked. You can also specify whether the dialog is in simple mode or advanced mode and if you want to enable Clean History and Auto Search. Simple Dialog Mode, Advanced Dialog Mode are shown below.
- You can now use the BPC Planning Sequence widget to run planning sequences for BPC live data connection models. This way, the application user can run a planning sequence, which can contain one or more planning functions, as defined in the BPC system.